GSoC Status #9

Time for another GSoC status update. In this week, I reworked a lot of code to meet standards and design principles. The following were the achievements of this week:

1.) I changed the representation of Packages and Repositories as objects rather than strings in the UI.

2.) Improved the User Interface of the Install Screen to match the mockup.

3.) Display some minimal data into the user interface, such as number of repositories and packages, name and summary of packages and repositories, and description of package and repositories.

4.) Improve the implementation of the settings module

I have started packaging the installer using the OBS, and should have it working in the next few days. Then I will work on getting other data into the user interface such as ‘Which repository provides which package’, the install summary etc. Now, I am entering the most crucial and exciting parts of my Summer of Code.

About these ads

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s