GSoC Status #10

Time for another GSoC update. I finally managed to create a package in the Build Service. A prelimnary package is on my Home Repository on the build service. There is still some work to be done on the packaging end. I have pushed git tags which denote important points in the development cycle. I am also working on a bash script which will generate the source tarball from the current version.

I also did some work on getting metadata into the UI. I wrote a class which retrieves the repository metadata such as GPG keys, ID, and integrated it with the UI. The only problem I am facing at the moment, is that the application has become slightly slow due to accessing libzypp on loading. I have to find a way to overcome this issue. I have also written a class for getting package information such as Version, and Size. Integrating it with the UI has been a problem so far, as I am facing some libzypp conflicts. I hope to resolve these issues in the weeks to come. I am also working on registering the installer for the MIME types. This is strangely not working, and I need to find a solution for it. After these tasks, I have to fix some issues related to the UI.

About these ads

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s