Yet another week over, and time for another GSoC update. This week also, I worked on the user interface, and briging it closer to the actual mockup. My initial interpretation of the mockup was slightly wrong, and I had to change it. I also spent some time in cleanup of code, to match the kdelibs coding style, and also remove some unnecessary code. My mentor had made a checklist for the UI related issues, and I worked on that as well. To give the option to choose between the Fake Backend, and the Actual Backend, I implemented a command line option –fake to run the fake backend. This will be required for testing the backend functions, and the user interface. I also integrated a concrete backend with the project, and will shortly implement the Backend functions required to add repositories, and install packages. I also got an Icon in the user interface, which I borrowed from mockup. This is temporary, as Andi is working on an awesome icon (I have seen the prototypes, and they are awesome!!!). I will be using those icons very shortly.

With mid term evaluations fast approaching, I will try to get most of the work on the user interface done this week, and merge the existing code into the master branch. I will also implement the backend functions, and then work on the integration of the backend and the user interface. Lastly, my laptop is finally working again, after a hard drive crash with a brand new 7200 RPM drive. Onto work now…

Advertisements